Some people have a fear of the IRS. Unfortunately, there are people out there who try and take advantage of this fear. We are hearing from clients, family, and friends who are receiving calls out of the blue from someone stating they are the IRS and you owe them money. This is one of the many scams going around.
- THE IRS will NEVER call you demanding payment over the phone or with prepaid cards.
- The IRS will NEVER call you threatening to bring law enforcement to your house to arrest you.
- The IRS will ALWAYS provide you an opportunity to appeal the amount they say you owe.
If get a call from someone claiming to be the IRS:
- Do NOT give them any information.
- Do NOT verify any information they say.
If you are worried you owe money to the IRS, please feel free to contact us and we can help you reach the actual IRS.